How do I exit/stop a lesson in progress?
- Depress and hold down the Control key
- Depress and release the X key
- Release the X key
In PointScribe there is intentionally no on screen or visual exit from lesson windows in order to avoid student distraction.
To see a tutorial on exiting a lesson in progress, click here.
My students are very frustrated as the program seems too unforgiving, they cannot make a letter without failing.
- Check the calibration of your touch technology. 99.9% of the time this is the cause of students not being able to successfully and happily use the program.
- If your students have significant fine motor challenges, disable "Auto Correction."
How do I make a lesson suitable for an older student or adult?
- Disable themed animations.
- Disable/change positive and negative sounds and music.
- Select colors appropriate for the student.
How do I adjust individual shape size on a specific letter for a student?
What does it mean when I try to run a report but nothing shows up on the graph?
- If PointScribe Tutor is enabled, the program is always gathering data. Check the Lesson Editor screen to make sure PointScribe Tutor is enabled.
- Progress data will only show up when progress is logged. For example: If you have the success goal set for 90% accuracy 10 times, the student would need to achieve 90% or greater a total of ten times before progressing to the next challenge level for any given letter---and therefore before progress would show on a graph.
My computer is broken, being replaced or has been scrubbed. Can I reinstall PointScribe?
- Contact PointScribe for release of your license so that you can reinstall.
- We will assist you in locating the license or serial number of your software.
One (1) PointScribe license per computer. Each computer may be used with an unlimited number of students.
Difference between the TRIAL and PURCHASED version.
If you are a system administrator or IT staff, SEE ABOVE: DO NOT LOAD POINTSCRIBE AS ADMINISTRATOR:
Trial and purchased versions of PointScribe are identical in content as well as download and installation. The trial version contains a countdown clock which will turn off the software in 7 days.
log in as the user who will be launching and using PointScribe. Installing as an administrator will NOT install PointScribe for any other user. Each user must install the program for him/her self. Log in to the computer and complete installation as each User(s) who will be launching and using PointScribe.
PointScribe is a web application; the end user does not require elevated privileges to install. After installation, NO further connection to the Internet is required to run PointScribe.
- If your computer has separate logins for teacher and student, install PointScribe when logged in as the User who will launch and run PointScribe—this is almost always the shared general student login, and NOT the teacher’s login. (Teachers do not typically wish to share login credentials with students).
- If you are an individual loading PointScribe onto a computer that only you use or that has only one User, log n and proceed.
- If there are multiple Users, each with individual User names (not a shared general login), who will run PointScribe on the same computer, you have two options. Note that data is collected per installation:
- Install the program when logged in as each User, or
- Install PointScribe in a shared general login
• Call us Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm MST